AFA 2011: Day 3November 14, 2011 at 4:16 am | Posted in AKB48, Anime, Event, Kajiura Yuki, Music | 7 Comments
Dead tired. But in a good way. =D
Basically spent most of the entire day camping at the stage area for the best seats for the likes of AKB48 Special and I♥Anisong panels. Only panel I didn’t attend is the regional cosplay competition as usual.
Mardock Scramble 2: The Second Combustion
Am under the impression that last year’s first Mardock Scramble movie had more gore and graphic scenes, but I might be mistaken. After all, this year’s movie is M18, while last year was just NC-16. Or maybe the colourful Paradise and Casino Royale part at the end toned things down in my memory. Nonetheless, Œufcoque is cute as ever.
Mardock Scramble creator and producer have announced that the 3rd Mardock Scramble movie next year would be the finale, so I’ll be at AFA 2012 for this.
Q&A panel with Tanabe Miku (Tanamin) and Nakaya Sayaka (Nakayan) from AKB48. These two members are also part of the Ota4 group consisting of 2 other otaku AKB48 members (Watanabe Mayu and Oota Aika). Very typical questions asked (eg. why did you join AKB48). However, I only just knew today that Nakayan’s favourite is Natsume Yuujinchou, while Tanamin prefers Neon Genesis Evangelion, Macross Frontier and other mecha-related series. If the Ota4 girls were to release an album, they want to sing K-ON! songs and Happy☆Material.
After that, the organizers had a special surprise for the girls. Yes, they invited Mizuki Ichiro (Aniki) on stage!!! Tanamin actually cried tears of joy when Aniki came out singing “会いたかった”, ’cause he’s her favourite anisong singer, and she had hoped to meet him here. Good for you, Tanamin! And hope to see you back as a seiyuu next time, Nakayan! Check Tanamin’s squeeing post here (more details in her next post).
I ♥ Anisong Artiste Appearance
Panel where angela, Itou Kanako & Shikura Chiyomaru, Kalafina and May’n were invited on stage to say hi to everyone, and that’s exactly how short their appearance is. Still, being in the front row of the middle column, I had an unobstructed view of the three divas and could shamelessly shout Keiko’s name aloud. Don’t think I’ll forget the embarrassed/nervous look Keiko gave as she waved at me. Even my friend was telling me to calm down, lol.
Kalafina Autograph Session
Yes, I’m one of the
many fans who won a Kalafina-autographed poster. Was expecting the management office people to hand me a rolled-up poster which is assumed to be signed by the girls, but once again, I’m happily proven wrong. We actually got to hand the poster to the girls for them to sign it! Brought my Red Moon BD in hopes that they’ll sign on it instead, but I was refused.😦 Oh well, at least I could flash it in front of the girls and blabber about how much I love them. Was so excited that I was hopping from Hikaru to Keiko, and Keiko to Wakana.
And oh wow, the girls feel so much smaller than I had imagined.
Tanamin and Nakayan Handshake Session
Didn’t intend to go for the handshake, but I didn’t expect that purchasing the tickets for the coming AKB48 live stage counts as well, so I attended this since I have the coupon. Nothing much to it, just a quick handshake and go. Hope Nakayan had a good time here, cuz we all know Tanamin sure did.
I ♥ Anisong concert
In point forms:
- First up is Itou Kanako! I wonder if I’m in the minority to be disappointed when she announced that she would be performing 4 Steins;Gate songs (since Shikura Chiyomaru is here…). I would have preferred the likes of “Fetishism Ark“, “F.D.D.“, “Star-Crossed” and “追想のディスペア“.
- Milky Holmes next. What are they doing here when they ain’t exactly pros in singing? I still don’t feel their charm, and only 3 of the 4 members came. Ranger Blue is missing. Performed 2 songs and left.
- 10 mins break interval. Have been quite annoyed with Danny Choo coming in during the Milky Holmes and interval segments. He’s disrupting the flow of the concert. >:[
- angela right after the break. Am not a big fan of her newer works. Her singing “残酷な天使のテーゼ” is really really a wonderful surprise that brought me to my feet cheering like mad. angela then continued the momentum with her two classic hits – “Shangri-La” and “明日へのBrilliant Road“.
- It was a great idea to bring my AKB48 towel, even if I forgot that a towel is needed for “Shangri-La” initially. =D
- I don’t know why Atsuko was so touched that she had tears in her eyes when the audience responded that
theywe know “明日へのBrilliant Road”. It is one of her best works, despite how old it is.
- Katsu-oniichan even ran down to the stage at one point and high-fived the first row people.
- Now, time for the biggest question of the night: who will end the concert? Kalafina? Or May’n?
- Announcement reveals the answer: Next up is Kalafina. Ugh, I don’t want May’n to end…
- Kalafina was stunning. Completely blown me away with “Magia” and my favourite “oblivious“. Followed up with “輝く空の静寂には“, “Lacrimosa“, “sprinter“, “音楽” and concluded with “光の旋律“.
- Love my aisle seat, which means I could move around freely to find an excellent spot where I had a clear view of all three girls. Wakana was in front of me, btw.
- I was totally an energizer bunny hopping around and otagei-ing like nobody’s business (yes, I don’t care who I’m blocking). I did wait for 10 years before attending a Kajiura Yuki-related live performance.
- “音楽” was absolutely a surprise. While it’s my favourite song from Seventh Heaven (apart from the Kara no Kyoukai songs), I’ve never thought that it’s popular. Neither would I have imagined that the girls would perform it live here. 本当に、ありがとうございます！！！
- Watching Kalafina live confirmed my belief that Keiko is a playgirl. Going from Wakana to Hikaru to Wakana. Sheesh. But isn’t that part of why I like her?😄
- Hikaru did go over to Wakana’s side, but the gesture wasn’t as passionate as Keiko’s.😄
- General consensus from friends is that Kalafina sang our dream song list except for “ARIA”. Personally, it’s not a big minus to me, since “ARIA” needs Maya.
- Heard that some feel “光の旋律” is a boring ending to Kalafina. To be honest, none of their songs make a great ending. Each one just makes me want to listen to more.
- Please keep your promise to be back, Keiko!!!!! (Maybe as FictionJunction though?)
- On the other hand, May’n is a lousy ending to Kalafina (shoo, any May’n fans).
- Sound system was horribly loud, only in the May’n segment. My ears hurt from the noise levels, not the singing.
- May’n is a decent/good singer, but her songs are just not my kind of songs. Heard that her Macross Frontier songs are the best, but she performed none of them tonight.
- Friends and I have no idea why May’n, who’s here for the 4th time, is the final artiste instead of Kalafina. Sad to tell my friend, but this experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Scheduling May’n with her loud songs behind Kalafina with their distinctive Kajiuran songs is just not a wise move. The style differs so much that my Kalafina memories are all wiped out. No wonder people were leaving the moment Kalafina ended. Should’ve done the same myself, but I held out in the vain hopes that Kalafina would re-appaear on stage again.
-  Ok, apparently “射手座午後九時Don’t be late“, the only song of hers that I shouted along with, is a Macross Frontier song. But I was still hoping for “LION” or “Diamond Crevasse“.
- In the end, my reward for staying behind was to hear “Brain Diver”. FML. I’m out.
LiSA mentioned yesterday that she likes Singapore’s chicken rice. Itou Kanako mentioned today that she likes Singapore’s chicken rice. Kalafina mentioned and blogged today that they like Singapore’s chicken rice. Suddenly, I want to eat Singapore’s chicken rice.
(According to LiSA, Japan’s chicken rice is rice with tomato, while Singapore separates the rice and chilli. It sounds more like LiSA was eating omurice to me. Also, Wakana likes the sweet soy sauce.)